THELMA Plein Air 2022
Join us for the first annual THELMA Plein Air Event June 17th-June 23rd, 2022! Artists of all experience levels are welcome to participate in this exciting event. Plein Air painting takes place outdoors without the use of an indoor studio space or reference photos. Artists must remain within the event boundaries.
Registration: April 18 – June 18 | REGISTER HERE
Check-in: June 17 @ 10 AM – 5 PM & June 18 @ 10 AM – 3 PM
Painting: June 17 – June 21
Art Drop-off: June 20 @ 10 AM – 5 PM & June 21 @ 10 AM – 5 PM
Reception: June 23 @ 6 PM – 10 PM
Exhibition: June 23 – August 6
- Artists age 14+ may register April 18th-June 18th online at www.thelmaarts.org, by phone at (920)921-5410, or in person in the Thelma Sadoff Center for the Arts lobby.
- The registration fee is $40.00 and may be paid by card, cash, or check. Fee is non-refundable.
CHECK-IN & STAMPING
- Artists must check-in in the THELMA lobby in-person June 17th or June 18th
- Back of the painting surface must be stamped by THELMA staff prior to painting
- There is no limit on how many canvases the artist gets stamped
- Artists may use any paint (graphite, charcoal, pastel, or other media will not be accepted)
- Artist to provide their own painting surface(s). Canvas, canvas board, cradle board, and wood panel are all acceptable. Alternate materials such as paper must be framed for hanging.
- All painting surfaces must have appropriate hanging hardware on the back
- Painting surface must not exceed 24” in any direction (frames not included).
- Artists may submit up to 3 paintings June 20th-June 21st in the THELMA lobby
- Stamp must remain visible on the back of all paintings
- All submitted paintings must be for sale for the duration of the exhibition and event
- Boundaries – City of Fond du Lac
PRICING & SALES
- During drop-off, artist must fill out labels denoting painting title, artist name, media, and price
- Thelma Sadoff Center for the Arts will retain a 35% commission on all sales
- Artwork will remain for sale for the duration of the exhibition following the event June 23rd-August 6th
- Checks for sold artwork will be mailed to addresses provided by the artist
RECEPTION & AWARDS
- Opening reception will take place in THELMA’s first floor gallery on June 23rd from 6pm-10pm.
- Reception will coincide with the kick-off concert for THELMA’s Thirteen Thursdays Summer Concert Series on the Plaza. The band, the Jimmys, starts at 7pm
- Awards announced during intermission at approximately 8pm
- Winners do not have to be present during announcements
1st Place | $500
2nd Place | $250
3rd Place | $100
Honorable Mentions (3) | THELMA Gift Certificate
- Unsold artwork can be picked up August 9th-19th
- Alternate pick-up dates or shipping can be arranged with Shannon Kupfer at [email protected].