THELMA Visual Artists
The Mission of TVA
THELMA Visual Artists (TVA) is a professional group of artists devoted to promoting and encouraging visual art throughout Fond du Lac and the surrounding areas. As a program of Thelma Sadoff Center for the Arts, TVA fosters creativity and focuses on professional development through a supportive artist community, exhibitions, classes, workshops and collaboration.
TVA members receive all of the benefits of a THELMA membership along with the following:
- Exhibition opportunities.
- An online artist’s profile.
- Open studio opportunities.
- Group critiques.
- Paid teaching opportunities.
- Discounts on adult art classes and artist workshops.
- Opportunities to curate exhibitions.
- Guest juror opportunities.
- Networking opportunities with other galleries throughout the state.
- Opportunities to work and meet with national and international visiting artists.
- Mentoring opportunities within THELMA or local schools.
- Opportunities to assist or present artist-in-residence programs.
- An artist community that provides support, encouragement and inspiration to its members.
- Be a THELMA ambassador.
- Attend THELMA art openings, artist exchanges, gallery talks and other events.
- Recruit new members.
- Review all membership applications and vote on membership.
- Provide volunteer service to THELMA (based on type of membership).
Membership dues are non-refundable and based upon initial approval by TVA members.
Types of Membership:
$40.00/year and includes 12 hours of volunteer time annually and all member benefits
Non-Volunteering Artist Member
$100/year and includes volunteer time only if exhibiting own work and all member benefits
Please send to [email protected] the following requirements:
- Artist Statement (Word Doc, PDF)
- Artist Resume (Word Doc, PDF)
- 5 – 10 good quality jpgs that represent your work.
- Image list with your Full Name, Title and Medium of artworks submitted. (Word Doc, PDF)
Membership applications are juried by TVA members. Notification of the jury results generally takes 2 weeks.
If you have any questions please contact us at: [email protected]
Volunteering Opportunities Specific to THELMA Visual Artists
- Assisting with installing and de-installing art exhibitions.
- Preparing galleries for exhibitions (patching, painting, setting up moveable walls, etc.).
- Packing and unpacking artworks for exhibitions.
- Writing didactic labels for exhibitions.
- Cleaning galleries (sweeping, mopping, washing walls/windows, dusting/cleaning artworks).
- Assisting with the instruction of art classes and workshops.
- Setting up/prepping art classes and workshops.
- Being an Art Docent in the galleries during major events.
- Setting up for artist exchanges and gallery talks.
- Distributing marketing posters throughout Fond du Lac
Other Volunteering Opportunities
- Assisting with setup/teardown for concerts and events.
- Running a bag check table at major concerts and events.
- Assisting with a wristband station at major concerts and events.
- Ticket scanning at concerts and events.
- Running the coat check at events and concerts.
- Ushering at events.
- Stuffing envelopes for mass mailing.
- Working at the front desk in the lobby.
- General cleaning of building.